The first annual Dundee Mini Maker Faire had a successful run on Sunday November 10, with over a dozen local makers and many attendees from all over the UK in attendance!
To save ourselves several thousand words of excited description of the day’s events we’ll show you some pictures instead, taken by one of our makers.
Hard at work making a Wee Beastie out of conductive ink
Some examples of coded kilts by Aye Make
More Wee Beasties, and Skill Sharers pedalling hard in the background
Make a Ring workshops in the midday sunshine
Watching an army of 3d printed Daleks being created
Quick! The radio’s dying – pedal harder!
Several generations enthused by the Maker spirit
Future ROV drivers practicing hard
Quite a crowd around a local woodturner!
Sticky fun with duct tape wallets
Want to hear more about a digital maker space in Dundee? This fellow’s all ears!
We’d like to thank all our hard-working makers and volunteers who made the day possible – and we hope to see you all again next year!
From Matt Richardson on YouTube, a creative way to mix making and Halloween.
You might even call it… a hack o’ lantern!
Do you have Facebook? Do you want free tickets to Dundee Mini Maker Faire?
Just like and share this post by Friday November 1st for a chance to win a family pack of tickets!
Interested in creating a beautiful piece of jewellery you can take away with you?
Leanne T Evans and Scarlett Erskine will be holding two hands-on workshops during Dundee Mini Maker Faire which will take you through the steps of creating a personalised ring – what could be finer?
Workshops last 2.5 hours and are recommended for over 12s.
Book your places now!
Fee includes all materials.
Our call for makers went out far and wide and we had a wonderful response… and now without any further ado: Our 2013 Dundee Makers!
- Dear George will be on hand to display and sell beautiful laser cut resin jewellery
- Underwater ROV lets you try your hand at driving a unique underwater vehicle
- The Tape Fly buzzes and circles – but can you figure out how it was made?
- Skill Share Dundee will be bringing some people-powered entertainment and lots more besides
- Interested in jewellery making? Why not Create a Ring with Leanne T Evans and Scarlett Erskine?
- A local maker will share how he came up with the idea for, and then created from scratch, a hose deploy and retrieval tool used by firefighters
- Watch a local Dundee Wood-turner in action as he creates and shapes with high-powered equipment
- Have you ever wondered how coding and tartan can go together? ayeMake will show you how!
- Learn how to make creative and colourful Duct Tape Wallets that will be the talk of the town
- 3-D printers from the University of Dundee
- Giant puppets
It promises to be a fun-filled, creative day so don’t forget to buy your tickets and get your maker hat ready!
We here at Dundee Mini Maker Faire are thrilled to announce that tickets are now on sale for Mini Maker Faire 2013!
Tickets are £2 general admission and £1 for concession – a steal for what’s on offer! Buy online early to make sure you don’t miss out and to get access to reminders, hints and tips before the date!
Tickets can be purchased at our Eventbrite page here; more information about attending can be found on our ‘Attend‘ page.
Maker Faire Dundee is thrilled to share a generous pair of offers from Caffé Borsa, located just downstairs from our Maker Faire venue.
On November 10th Caffé Borsa will be offering:
1) 15% OFF all take away hot drinks all day
2) 2 for 1 Pizzas from 3pm till close
to all ticketholders – so if you’re hungry or in need of a caffeine kick why not stop by and refuel? Making can be hard work, after all!
A RICH HISTORY, A BRIGHT FUTURE
The city of Dundee has a history of innovation that has carried right through to the present day – from the manufacturing boom in the 19th century to the scientific and technological advances of today. With the creative spirit exhibited by DC Thomson, the Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art & Design, Dundee Contemporary Arts and the technical savvy of our many video games developers Dundee is truly a city of makers and it’s time we celebrated that!
DUNDEE MINI MAKER FAIRE
The Faire will be held on Sunday 10th November at Chamber East, between 10am-4pm, as part of Dundee Science Festival 2013.
Tickets will be available for purchase starting September 26th. Please see our ‘Attend‘ page for more details.
picture by Flickr user dangermike